As the publisher of USMilitary.com, I love it whenever a commercial organization steps up and provides a true benefit to our honored veterans. Like last year, we again are promoting Applebees Veteran’s Day free meals. Even Navy SEALs need to eat.
Applebee’s has been honoring Navy SEALS and all veterans and active members of the United States military for a decade by offering a free meal at nearly 1,800 Applebee’s restaurants in the United States on Veterans Day (November 11, 2017).
Since 2008, Applebee’s has donated over nine million free meals. This year marks the tenth consecutive year that Applebee’s has recognized Veterans Day as an opportunity to give back to our nation’s heroes.
Veterans and active members of the United States military will have a special Veterans Day menu to choose from. This includes:
• The American Standard Burger – Fresh never frozen ground beef patty seared in with pickles, bacon and onion, with American cheese and our signature sauce piled on.
• Butcher’s Meat + Potatoes – Hand-cut USDA Choice top sirloin, tomato, mushroom, stout gravy, garlic mashers and crispy onions.
• Three-Cheese Chicken Cavatappi – Grilled chicken, cavatappi pasta, bruschetta tomato with a Parmesan blend.
• Fiesta Lime Chicken® – Grilled chicken, Mexi-ranch Dressing, cheddar, tortilla strips, rice and pico.
• Chicken Tenders Platter – Fries, slaw and honey Dijon.
• Double Crunch Shrimp – Breaded shrimp, cocktail sauce, slaw and fries.
• Asian Chicken Salad – Fried chicken tenders, fresh Asian greens, rice noodles, almonds with tasty vinaigrette.
So, head to your local Applebee’s on Veterans Day this year, but don’t forget to bring one of these to get your free meal: U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement, Veterans Organization Card, photograph in uniform or wearing uniform, DD214, Citation or Commendation.